Download Simon’s CV – PDF File
2022 – Present
Head of Customer Experience
Heading up the Marketing & Creative team at this Sunday Times Fast Track 100 equestrian retailer. Delivering a record peak sales period in 2022 and the ‘best ever’ seasonal launch in Spring 2023.
- Achieved significant double-digit sales growth across Autumn, Peak and Spring seasonal launches.
- Responsible for digital content across all marketing channels including print, web, social, email and paid media.
- Implemented their CRM program using MailChimp & Sweet Analytics.
2020 – 2022
Head of Digital
Lead the sales and marketing team within this fast-paced small business to achieve record commercial growth results. Built out a highly capable team using in-house resources and best in class agency support for paid media and ecommerce development.
- Delivered triple digit sales growth over the last 2 years.
- Led the implementation of the new branding and Global-e rollout.
- Full budgetary responsibility for the sales & marketing channels.
2016 – 2020
Head of Digital
Completed a turnaround of the ecommerce channel from negative like-for-like to delivering over one million in a single month during COVID-19. Created a digital team combining ecommerce, development, email and customer care. Delivered strategic projects including a multi-channel customer loyalty scheme, single customer view and mobile app. Earned two Dottie awards for email marketing in 2017 & 2018.
- Delivered a number of key strategic projects including a multi-channel customer loyalty scheme, single customer view, mobile app and a number of online channel launches including Amazon.
- Responsible for the full P&L and strategic plan for the digital channel within the business
- Strategically leading ecommerce expansion into the US market using the Shopify Plus platform and a start-up style project approach.
2014 – 2016
Senior Ecommerce Trading Manager
Leading the ecommerce trading strategy to maximise sales, profits and stock management. Heading up product merchandising strategy for the core UK market considering historical sales, economic conditions, trends and competitor activity.
- Delivered annual ecommerce sales growth of 20% year on year through improved digital marketing, effective seasonal launches, product promotions and content marketing.
- Overall responsibility for the ecommerce and digital strategy to deliver the annual growth targets.
- Managed the UK and International Trading team of 15, made up of merchandisers, operations, digital marketing, analytics and digital content.
- Collaborating with the Ecommerce Programme Team to deliver digital development initiatives that improve the customer experience and meet our commercial objectives.
- Launched FatFace internationally into the US, delivering a multi-channel customer experience.
2013 – 2014
Head of Ecommerce
Leading the strategic planning and direction of ecommerce within LUSH, defining and implementing the next generation of digital products for customers to improve the overall customer experience whilst contributing the growth of sales online.
- Delivered annual ecommerce sales growth of 22% year on year through improved merchandising, relevant content placement, seasonal promotions and targeted email marketing.
- Project managed and successfully delivered the new fully responsive, mobile friendly Lush.co.uk website. Co-ordinating work between the design and technical agencies as well as in-house resource.
- Managed the UK and International Commerce team of 10, made up of developers, merchandisers and front-end designers.
- Co-ordinated new product launches and content updates across LUSH’s international sites.
- Responsible for a seven figure annual digital budget and full P&L of the Commerce component.
2011 – 2013
Head of Ecommerce
Responsible for the online channel and working closely with the Marketing and IT teams, this role has ultimate responsibility for delivering the sales plan for the ecommerce website and developing the website’s front-end strategy, plan and budget.
- Achieved annual ecommerce sales growth of 66% year on year, surpassing budget and business expectations whilst also improving the profit margin.
- Devised, communicated and implemented strategies for ecommerce and digital marketing within three months of joining the business.
- Responsible for a six figure annual digital marketing budget and it’s implementation across PPC, Social Media, Email Marketing and Content Marketing.
- Led the project team that re-launched the Animal brand website to fit alongside the online shop (Venda) as a single, global digital brand experience.
- Successfully launched the eBay Fashion Channel within an aggressive 8 week time frame.
2007 – 2011
Ecommerce & Digital Marketing Manager
Managing the strategic development of the online business, leading ecommerce and digital marketing initiatives. Maximising the effectiveness of the digital channels to drive business growth in new and existing markets.
- Delivered double-digit annual growth to the online business through digital marketing initiatives and conversion rate optimisation.
- Co-ordinated a six figure annual digital marketing budget, led the ecommerce operations team that was responsible for four international websites (UK, Ireland, Germany & USA), generating annual revenues in excess of eight figures.
- Headed up the team responsible for the re-design and re-platform (Magento) of the lizearle.com brand website. Delivering the project on time, to budget and improving conversion by 10%.
- Responsible for planning, organising, co-ordinating, managing and contributing to all social media channels (Facebook, YouTube & Twitter).
- Putting the customer online experience at the heart of everything digital, by combining regular user testing and customer research with detailed analysis of the web analytics.
- Expanded the online business internationally through digital strategy development, resource planning and team recruitment.
The DO Lectures
Strategy, Growth & Copy Writing online webinar and learning course with David Hieatt and Mike Coulter
The DO Lectures
How to Build a Team That Wins
Day Course with Hilary Gallo
Hiut Denim Co
Makers & Mavericks
2 Day Course with David Hieatt at Hiut Denim in Wales.
IBITGQ EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (EU GDPR F)
1995 – 1998
University of Plymouth
BSc (Hons) Geography
Graduated with Honours in Geography.